Thursday 19 March 2015

My (Not) Spring Cleaning Tips

     Spring starts tomorrow! Yay! Fresh green grass, clean air, blooming trees. Also this puts the start of the seasonal a.k.a. spring cleaning! Frankly, I don't understand the logic of it - so I am suppose to not maintain my home the whole winter and then make it shine in one day? I'd rather do a task every week than to perform something with the intensity of end of tenancy cleaning, when I can take a walk in a sunny day.
Ok, enough ranting. I'll share some of my cleaning tricks - not spring, rather those extra few things I do monthly or fortnightly.

  • First is the way to approach - I tend to start from the top and go downwards. For example, I dust off the ceiling fans and light fixtures first, because I don't want dust to fall on already polished table or floor. I end up with baseboards and floors. This way I don't have to re-clean objects.
  • It's important to clean the appliances that help you in everyday cleaning and maintaining - dishwasher, washing machine, even vacuum cleaner. There are various recipes on the Internet for home-made natural dishwasher cleansers and stuff. Here is en example.
     
  • Cleaning oven, stove or microwave is a thing I do after every meal or once a week. I find that wiping the oven while still warm (not hot!) gives me best results. Getting rid of 2-month burnt grease requires the competence of a professional cleaner.
  • Bathroom is world's least favourite place to clean. Yet, we get in the shower to come clean out of it, don't we :) I take a bottle of cleaning vinegar (works on tiles, grout, chromed parts) and quickly spray the shower enclose in the morning. The lime-scale (which is responsible for bacteria build-up) simply washes down with  my evening shower.
  • One of the few things I use harsh chemicals on is the toilet bowl. As with the shower, I pour some bleach all over it and in it and wash it down in the evening.
      Ok, folks, these are a few thing I do frequently instead of waiting till Spring. I hope all had done their cleaning and can take a walk in the nature on the weekend.
Stay positive :)

No comments:

Post a Comment